Search This Blog

Monday, June 14, 2010

Sun Dried Tomato and Chicken Melts

It's Sunday and we're at the office trying to get things ready for the next week.  My cooking equipment is relatively limited here.  A microwave, a toaster oven and a refrigerator.  I try hard to prepare meals with enough leftovers so we can just reheat for lunch the next day.  But, that doesn't always work.  Sometimes I wind up actually cooking a meal here.  Today's one of those days.  Last night while hunting for the Red Wine and Cherry Sauce Steak recipe, I found one for a chicken sandwich.  It had a broiled chicken breast, melted mozzarella cheese and sun-dried tomatoes.  I had half of a roasted chicken in the refrigerator.  It was intended for sandwiches.  I also had a wedge of Dubliner Cheese with Stout that I found at Trader Joe's.  And, an open jar of sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil.  So, this morning I tossed all of that in a bag and schlepped it to the office.  Connie's comment when he ate the sandwich?  "You could serve this in a restaurant.  That's one of the best sandwiches I've ever had."  Score!

Sun Dried Tomato and Chicken Melts
2 onion rolls
sliced roasted chicken
1/4 c sun dried tomatoes in olive oil
6 slices of Dubliner Cheese (either regular or with Stout)
2 T Hellman's mayo
1 T dijon mustard
2 t Penzey's Mural of Flavor
2 handfuls greens (arugula and fresh lettuce)

Toast the rolls.  Mix the mayo, mustard and Mural of Flavor.  Smear all four toasted sides of the buns with the mayo mix.  On the bottoms, pile the chicken.  On the tops, scatter the tomatoes then cover with the slices of cheese.  Put them under the broiler until the cheese melts.  Put a handful of greens on top of the each of the chicken sides and cover them with the tops.  Serve warm.

No comments: