Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Sesame Chicken



This was the entree for Sunday evening.  We had it with the Creamy Italian Noodles from yesterday's blog and the Crispy Sesame Salad Stackers which you'll read about later.  Yet another chicken recipe from the McCormick 3-Step Cooking with Flavor cookbook. 

It felt really good to actually put a real meal on the table.  I'm hoping to be able to do the same thing agin a couple of times this week.  It depends on whether or not I have a kitchen.  I'm thinking by the party in January I may have everything back in order - providing I don't lose my mind before that!

What did we think?  I made cutlets out of the chicken breasts.  They were perfectly cooked.  The coating, however, didn't stick initially.  I grabbed a couple of eggs and dipped them in an egg wash then the coating.  That worked perfectly.  Then, I didn't follow the recipe's instructions to spray both sides of the cutlets with cooking spray.  When the timer went off, I looked a white, blah cutlets.  I quickly brushed them with a bit of melted butter and popped them under the broiler.  Perfect.  The flavor was very good but I'd have added a bit of lemon zest to the coating to give it a bit more zing. 

Sesame Chicken

Ingredients:
2 T flour
2 T panko
1/4 c sesame seed
2 t parsley flakes
1 t onion salt
1/2 t ground ginger
2 eggs
4 chicken cutlets
1 T butter, melted

Directions:

Preheat your oven to 375.  Mix flour, panko, sesame seeds, parsely, onion salt, pepper and ginger.  Put the mixture into a shallow bowl. 



Crack eggs into a shallow bowl and whip lightly with a fork.  Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.  Dip the chicken in the egg then into the coating mix.  Bake for 15 minutes.  Remove the chicken from the oven and brush them with the melted butter.  Broil for 3-5 minutes or until the tops are nicely browned.

3 comments:

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Haha...I hope you don't lose your mind!! Our upcoming outing should help you relax! I had to pop over and let you know I was thrilled to hear you made the asparagus...and isn't it wonderful that our weather is finally conducive to cooking in the oven??? Our windows are open and the breeze is heavenly. Miss you, my friend...see you soon!

PS...my family would love this chicken.

Monet said...

I love sesame chicken...I need to try making it at home. This would go so well with the rolls I baked yesterday. I'm enjoying your post along with a big plate of watermelon. A good way to end my night, dear friend. I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow!

Gloria Baker said...

Love sesame chicken! look delicious! gloria