Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Creamy Italian Noodles



Not too long ago, I bought a five ingredient cookbook. Not my typical cookbook. I know exactly why, though. There’s a recipe for mini sour cream biscuits. They sounded wonderful. As did several of the other recipes. So, what the heck.



Then, on the way home from a trip to Columbus, OH to see our grandkids, I read the whole cookbook. Not bad at all. And, there are a lot of quick and easy recipes that’ll bail me out on a weeknight when I get home at 7:30 and still want to get a decent dinner on the table.

Saturday, I finally kind of got my kitchen back. Sunday I was supposed to be emptying the dining room but instead spent my time putting the sitting room back together. Something about wanting one room that’s put together :-) That meant that I actually could cook on Sunday evening. Time to try a couple of newbies along with an old faithful – Crispy Sesame Salad Stack.

The first recipe that the Gooseberry Patch 5-Ingredient Family Favorites fell open to was Creamy Italian Noodles. That’d be perfect with the Sesame Chicken from McCormick 3-Step Cooking with Flavor.

What did we think?  These were perfect.  I doubled the amount of cheese.  That's reflected in the ingredients list below.  I used the half and half but will probably substitute 2% milk next time.


Creamy Italian Noodles


Ingredients:


8 oz package medium egg noodles
¼ c butter

½ c evaporated mild or half and half

½ c grated Parmesan or Romano cheese

2 ½ t Italian salad dressing base


Directions:

Cook the noodles about two minutes less than the package directions.  Drain them.  Leave the noodles in the strainer while you melt the butter in the saucepan.  Add the Italian dressing base to the butter and mix it well.  Pour the noodles back into the saucepan and add the milk and cheese.  Stir well to mix.  Serve.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You're right. This is a very simple recipe but it sounds like it would taste fantastic. Congratulations on gradually getting your house back, room by room. It's almost as bad as moving, isn't it. :)

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Oh, this sounds yummy, too!

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

I tagged you in the 7 Links game. Have a great weekend!

Eliotseats said...

Sounds pretty darn tasty. (And, easy!)