Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Chili Mac and Cheese



I saw a recipe that was very similar to our family favorite - Glop.  We're always open to trying a twist on an old favorite so I put it on the menu.  I made my own taco seasoning - thanks to a bit of guidance from Annie's Eats.  I didn't follow Annie's recipe exactly but was still very pleased with the results.  Now, when it came to the Chili Mac and Cheese Recipe from Gooseberry Patch 5 Ingredient, I changed it a good bit.  The way their recipe was written was way heavy on the pasta and light on the tomatoes.  The end result was good.  And, had we not had Glop for years and years, it would've been really good.  But, we spent most of dinner bemoaning the fact it wasn't Glop.  Sometimes a twist on an old favorite isn't the best thing to do.  The recipe below is how I made the dish.

Chili Mac and Cheese

Ingredients:
1 Kraft mac and cheese
2 10 oz cans Rotel tomatoes with chilis
2 T taco seasoning mix
1 lb ground beef

Directions:
Prepare the mac and cheese according to the package directions.  Make the taco seasoning mix or use two tablespoons of the package variety.  If you want to make your own, here's a link to Annie's blog:  Taco Seasoning



Brown and drain the ground beef.



Add the taco seasoning



tomatoes



and ground beef to the mac and cheese. 


Mix well and serve.

2 comments:

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

I need to check out your glop...LOVE the name :)

Unknown said...

This is probably the only "home made" kind of mac and cheese Dudette would eat because it's from the blue box. I'll need to check out your glop as well, but I'll probably be making this one soon too.

Hope your schedule is sane and your house painting is done (I know, I've been bad at keeping up...working to be better now, especially since Dudette will be at school in a week).