Search This Blog

Monday, August 29, 2011

Barbecued Chicken Dip



Good Morning!  Today's the Secret Recipe Club.  It's a really fun group of bloggers.  And, it's grown so much that they've divided us into three groups.  Three Mondays of the month, a group reveals a recipe from the blog we've been assigned.  The blogger doesn't know who's going to post one of their recipes so it's fun to go through the list and find which of your recipes has been posted.  You'll find hops to the other blogs at the end of this post.  And, if you'd like to participate, here's a link:  Secret Recipe Club.


When I got the original assignment, I dutifully read through a couple of months of posts on my assigned blog:  From Apples 2 Zucchini.  There were a lot of choices but I really wanted to make a jambalaya.  Well, time went on and I didn't get it made.  Last week I realized I needed to check and make sure I had all the ingredients.  Then, I counted days.  Hmmm, it was Wednesday and I already had chicken thighs, ribs and wings to cook.  Enough goodies to feed the crew when they come to move the furniture we're giving away.  The blog is to be posted on a Monday so that means it needs to be written by Sunday.  And, Sunday was my next time to cook.  That wouldn't work.  Well, wouldn't you know when I went to From Apples 2 Zucchini, there on the first page was the perfect recipe!  Thank you Pam :-)  This barbecued chicken dip would be perfect for the chicken thighs.  And, my hungry movers would love it.  I love it when a plan comes together.   Click on the link above to see Pam's original post.


What did we think?  Pam's husband was exactly right when he asked if there was any more of that crack dip left.  This is one you want to put your serving on your plate and back away or you'll just plain eat too much.  It's addictive and wonderful.  Now, today she's got a rosemary foccacia roll posted that'd be perfect to turn this into a sandwich. 


Barbecued Chicken Dip


Ingredients:


1 boneless, skinless chicken breast or 3 boneless skinless chicken thighs
3/4 c of your favorite barbecue sauce
1 8 oz package of cream cheese, softened
1 green pepper, diced
1 sweet onion, diced
2 t olive oil
1/2 t garlic powder
1 t onion powder
1/3 c shredded cheese


Directions:


Simmer the chicken in the barbecue sauce until it's fully cooked.  Allow it to cool, then shred it.  Saute the pepper and onion in the olive oil. 



Soften the cream cheese and mix in the chicken, pepper, onion, garlic powder and onion powder. 



Put the mixture in a casserole dish



and drizzle it with a bit more bbq sauce



then top it with the shredded cheese. 



Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

24 comments:

Pam @ From Apples To Zucchini said...

I am so glad that you liked the dip!

(Hubs has already asked me when I'm making it again : ))

Thanks for the shout out about my rolls, too!

amanda @ fake ginger said...

Mmm, this looks and sounds delicious! Perfect for the upcoming football season! Anyway you can link to the blog you got it from? I'd love to check it out!

Rachel @ Not Rachael Ray said...

This looks delicious! Glad to find your blog through the SRC. Could you link to the original blog? I like to look at both recipes, I think that is part of the fun of SRC :)

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

I don't think I could pass up this crack dip either! You'll always have volunteers to help with hard labor with offerings like this!! Great SRC post! So fun seeing you and Connie on Saturday :)

singerinkitchen said...

Sounds like you cannot go wrong with this recipe! YUM!

Trisha said...

Thats an interesting dip! I've never made a dip with meat before but I really like the look of this. I think I will try this out!

Plain Chicken said...

What a fantastic dip! This would be great for tailgating!! Thanks for sharing this. I am loving this SRC!

Delishhh said...

Dip looks amazing. I had a blast going through your site and trying to narrow down what to make. Great site and lots of good food.

Eliotseats said...

Oh, my. This looks more than tasty. This dip is just in time for FB season!

Veronica said...

Well, it really does look and sound addictive! YUMMO!

kita said...

This dip sounds fantastic. I love From Apples to Zucchini's! Its a wonderful blog and I am glad to see her in the mix for SRC this month!

Kimberly said...

What an interesting dip! I think I'll give it a whirl!

wendyweekendgourmet said...

Great pick, Kate! This would be fantastic for upcoming football-watching parties. Saving this one for sure...excellent SRC post!!!

Lisa~~ said...

Your dip sounds very interesting, great recipe to choose.


If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my Group 'A" ~ SRC recipe this month: Cilantro Lime Chicken

Lisa~~
Cook Lisa Cook

Manu said...

Ok, now I am officially hungry and it is not even 10AM here right now!!! Great SRC post!

Gloria - The Ginger Snap Girl said...

Wow! That's a serious dip. Sounds amazing. I like that it's something different. Fun for a party. Great SRC pick.

Rhonda said...

BBQ is great. BBQ chicken is great. BBQ chicken dip? That sounds too good to pass up. Love your SRC choice.

Tina @ MOMS CRAZY COOKING said...

You can never go wrong with dip!

I was in Secret Recipe Club: Group B. Here are my two posts I hope you have time to check them out, if you haven't seen them already.

http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/2011/08/cucumber-salad-secret-recipe-club.html

http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/2011/08/raspberry-nutella-pizza-secret-recipe.html

Unknown said...

This looks perfect for a potluck or a Super Bowl spread! Yum.

Bubbe Bites said...

Crack dip? HEHEHE This is just in time for footbal season. Who can resist. Thanks for sharing.

Curious Cook said...

This is awesome. Looks positively delicious. A dip with chicken in it. Can it ever go wrong? Love it! Definitely trying. I have a feeling this is gonna be a hit in a sandwich.. :)

heidi said...

Uhh I love dips, and this looks fab!

Kristy said...

Yum! I could definitely see this dip being a crowd pleaser!

marla {family fresh cooking} said...

This chicken dip sounds awesome! Awesome to be in the Secret Recipe Club with you. Here is my post for September :) http://su.pr/1Sizv9
Also: I would love if you added this and any other links to my "Happy Post" today. http://su.pr/1bZ8fp