Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Spanish Fish in a Sack



I don't very often get an opportunity to watch tv.  One, I work way to many hours.  And, two, when I'm not working there are way too many other things to do like clean the house, garden, sleep (yeah, I know, slacker for sleeping - lol.)  So, a couple of weeks ago when I sprained my ankle and couldn't head to the office, I worked from home - and had foodtv on in the background.  Most of the time I was very well behaved and focused on the work.  But,when Rachael Ray came on and was making her Spanish dinner, I kept cheating and turning around and watching.  The Spanish fish in a sack sounded wonderful.  And, pretty darned healthy.  A combination I love. 

A couple of weeks ago after driving back from Cinti, neither of us wanted to go to the grocery.  For the pork kebabs, I needed pork tenderloin.  For the cabbage rolls, I needed ground pork and ground beef.  For the potato torte, I needed the bag from the CSA - which was happily camping in the office fridge.  Fine, then, I had everything we needed for the fish packets.  Time to make those. 

What did we think?  These were really good.  I was suprised at how well the green beans cooked.  And, how wonderfully the flavors blended.  I've never cooked in parchment before but will certainly do so again!!

Rach's Spanish Fish in a Sack

Serves 4

Ingredients:

1 lb, trimmed green beans
1 roasted red pepper, sliced in 1/4" slices
8 anchovy fillets
4 large garlic cloves, finely minced
1/2 c chopped kalamata olives
2 lbs cod, cut into four portions
lemon zest from one lemon
4 scallions, chopped
1/4 c flat leaf parsley, chopped
juice of one lemon
olive oil, to drizzle


Directions:

Cut four pieces of parchment paper at least 12" each.  Lay them out on the counter.  Put a quarter of the ingredients on each piece of paper in the order listed above. 









Finish by drizzling the fish with the olive oil and lemon juice.  Wrap the packets up so they're well sealed. 



Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.  Be very careful when you open the packets because there's a LOT of hot steam in there.  Reminds me of some people I know :-)

No comments: