Search This Blog

Friday, June 17, 2011

Rach's Creamed Kale



This is one of those recipes that I may never be able to recreate.  Out of the corner of my eye I saw Rach make this.  We were in Cinti visiting my stepson and his family and FoodTv was on.  A couple of days later...  I'd prepared the filling for the caramelized cabbage rolls the night before so just had to put them together and bake them for dinner.  But, I had no clue what vegetable I was going to fix.  Time to check the refrigerator.  Ah, an old bag of kale from the CSA and a box of sliced mushrooms that had passed their prime.  Into the skillet the mushrooms went.  I pulled the recipe up online and looked at the ingredients and maybe, kind of, sort of followed that list.  But, I never did look at the directions.


What did we think?  We both loved this.  I really like kale in soup but I've never found another preparation that is as good.  This is.  I'd not change a thing.  Now, if I can only recreate it...


Rach's Creamed Kale
serves 2

Ingredients:


8 oz box sliced mushrooms
sliced kale - big handful
olive oil - once around the pan
chopped garlic - about a clove
sage leaf - one, minced
one slice smoked bacon, chopped
marsala wine - once around the pan
cream - once around the pan

Directions:

Pour the olive oil in a skillet.  Heat it to shimmering. Add the mushrooms and cook until they're well browned.  Add in the kale, garlic and sage. 



Cook until the kale is wilted. 



Add the marsala and stir the browned bits off the bottom of the skillet.  Stir in the cream




 and cooked bacon and heat through.

adapted from Rachael Ray

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Rach? I'm not a big kale fan, but I do love mushrooms and I love creamed spinach, so maybe the combination would work for me with this dish. I'll have to give it a try.