Search This Blog

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Sometimes Leftovers are Just as Good

Last Sunday I went a bit overboard when I fixed the rosemary cream goat cheese appetizer.  I used the mongo log from Sam's club hoping I'd have leftovers.  Well, guess what, I did.  LOTS of leftovers.  Probably 3/4 of the log, in fact.  Tonight I'm teaching my Social Security seminar so I needed something really easy to fix at the office.  Voila -

Rosemary Cream Goat Cheese Pasta
1 1/2 cups farfalle
1 c leftover rosemary cream goat cheese appetizer (make sure to scoop up the cheese, cream and plenty of the roasted red peppers)
8 oz fresh button mushrooms, sliced
1 c (packed) fresh spinach

Cook and drain the pasta then toss it with the rosemary cream goat cheese.  I did this last night and refrigerated the pasta overnight.  Saute the mushrooms. (Or, you can sprinkle them with a little water and microwave them til they're done.)  Briefly saute the spinach - just until it's wilted.  Since I was reheating the pasta today, I microwaved the mushrooms and mixed them in with the pasta after it was about half heated.  Then, instead of sauteeing the spinach, I tore it and mixed it in and finished heating the whole dish.  We gave this a 5.  If I make the rosemary cream goat cheese just to make this pasta, I'll try half and half instead of cream!

No comments: