Search This Blog

Thursday, February 24, 2022

Zesty Hummus






I’ve told the story so many times about finding this cookbook.  I owned every other one from the WTHR Sunrise series.  My friend Lisa’s mom died and she came in to town to clean out her condo.  When we went by to say hello I found one of the rules was that everyone had to leave with something.  I chose a beautiful navy with sunflowers pitcher and bowl.  And, that bowl has become my favorite.  Then, on a whim I asked if her mom had had any cookbooks that she might be giving away.  Yes, the missing one was there.  And, as it turns out, I love it as much as the bowl.  Not only have I made this recipe but I’ve made many others too.  It’s one of my favorites!   

Zesty Layered Hummus Dip 

 

 

 

Ingredients: 

 

 

1 10oz container hummus 

½ c drained and coarsely chopped pitted kalamata olives 

2 Roma tomatoes, chopped (about 1 cup)  I used cherry tomatoes in the winter 

½ c diced pepperoncini 

½ small red onion, finely diced 

1/2 c crumbled feta cheese  

2 T coarsely chopped fresh dill or a good sprinkle of dried 

1 ½ T extra virgin olive oil 


Directions: 

Spread the hummus in the bottom of a serving dish.   

 

 

Layer on the olives, tomatoes, pepperoncini and the onion.   

 

 

Sprinkle the feta over.  Then sprinkle on the dill.  Drizzle with the olive oil.  Serve with pita chips or crackers or carrot and celery sticks.   

Adapted from the Sunrise Cookbook 

 

1 comment:

Louis said...

Such a nice blog very informative