Search This Blog

Sunday, February 20, 2022

Joyce's Chicken Dip

 






We had some friends over for dinner.  Old favorites were on the menu.  First I looked in my blog.  Then in my Word document called Kate’s Cookbook.  Then in the pdf recipe box.  Then in the real written recipes.  Turns out I’d pulled one of the recipes and it was parked in a bowl on the island.  The other was actually with the written recipes.  But, of five recipes only one was on here…  Time to get that resolved!

Joyce’s Chicken Dip was served to us by a friend named Joyce.  We typically stay at their place on our way to Florida.  She’s a WONDERFUL hostess and a really good cook.  Before we headed to our favorite white-table Atlanta restaurant (Canoe) for dinner Joyce put a bowl of this out on the counter.  Let me just say that that could have easily been dinner for both of us.  As much as we love Canoe, a big bowl of this yummy chicken dip would have been perfect. 

One of the most interesting things about this recipe is the grocery shopping.  Turns out I usually find the soup mix in the ethnic aisle.  Ok, so vegetable soup mix isn’t American?  ‘Splain that to me Lucy!  I even resorted to ordering it for about a zillion dollars on Amazon before I figured out the ethnic aisle trick.

Joyce’s Chicken Dip

Ingredients:

1 c mayonnaise

1 c sour cream

1  oz can chunk chicken

1  oz can diced water chestnuts

1 envelope Knorr’s vegetable soup mix

1 8 oz block extra sharp cheddar, coarsely grated (we use Cracker Barrel)

 

Directions:

Mix everything at least an hour before serving so the vegetables have an opportunity to soften.  We’ve served this with Triscuits, pita bread, carrot sticks…  And just an fyi, it makes a GREAT sandwich!

 

No comments: