Search This Blog

Friday, February 4, 2011

Truffle Oil Broccoli



Mom and I were chatting the other day about go-to vegetables.  Broccoli's at the top of the list.  When I was a kid it was normally the frozen variety.  Now that the fresh stalks are available year-round, we rarely buy frozen.  But, plain old steamed broccoli is a bit boring in my opinion.  Connie's too.  A few years ago, I tried a recipe for roasted broccoli.  It was just amazing.  So, we switched our allegiance to roasted.  Sometimes I toss it with a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar.  Sometimes just the olive oil.  Other times, I finish it with a bit of lemon juice, soy sauce and sesame seeds.  As I was reaching for the olive oil the other evening, I spied the white truffle oil.  Hmmm.  I wonder how that'd work?  Never know if you don't try.  I tossed the broccoli with a bit of white truffle oil and roasted it just like always.  When it came out of the oven, I sprinkled it with just a little bit of black truffle salt.  Heavenly!

Truffle Oil Broccoli

Ingredients
fresh broccoli
truffle oil
truffle salt (optional)

Directions:
Cut the broccoli into florets.  Toss with some truffle oil.  Roast at 500 for 15-20 minutes or until some of the florets have turned brown and crunchy.  Serve sprinkled with a little truffle salt if desired.

12 comments:

Monet said...

Hi Kate! Wow! This sounds so much better than what I usually do with broccoli (I'm boring and just steam it). I can't wait to try roasting my favorite green veggie...and I am going to keep my eye out for some truffle oil. Yum! Thank you for sharing with me. I hope you have a great weekend. I'm ready for some warmth!

Tastemonials said...

I'm always looking for ways to vary the veggie preparations without too much fuss or too many calories. I've got the truffle oil, so I'll give this a try.

Chef Dennis Littley said...

hi Kate

now truffle oil sounds like a great way to kick up the broccoli! I have been roasting it also, it does improve the flavor.
Now I have to go out and get some truffle oil!
Cheers
Dennis

Anonymous said...

Interesting! I've never thought of using truffle oil with broccoli. Mostly potatoes or pasta, but I'll try this sometime!

Belinda @zomppa said...

I love, love, love truffle oil!!! Makes broccoli so flavorful and full of depth.

Lori Lynn said...

Sounds great.
I like how you arranged the broccoli on the plate.
LL

mimi said...

I eat a lot of broccoli but I haven't ever tried roasting. Sounds delicious especially with the truffle oil. Next time I head to the city I know what will be on the shopping list.

Cheryl and Adam said...

This is a terrific way to prepare broccoli. We've used truffle oil with vegetables a lot and it adds amazing depth of flavor. Great recipe!

Tiffany said...

White truffle oil and black truffle salt!?!? I bet this truffle oil was AMAZING!

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Ooh, boy, I'm doing this with my next batch of broccoli! Thanks, Kate!

Deborah Dowd said...

I have roasted broccoli but not with truffle oil- I have some in my pantry so I will give this a try!

Unknown said...

Oh, I do need some truffle oil. Bunky Cooks has been teasing me with hers too. Your broccoli looks fantastic!