Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Mexicorn Dip

The first dish I prepared for the trip to Cincinnati was a new one.  I thought it'd be a good idea to test it and make sure we liked it.  (You do believe that, don't you?)  David's first request is typically the salsa I blogged about a couple of weeks ago.  So, this will change it up a bit. And, Connie typically doesn't care for dishes with corn - or so he says.  He loved this.  Instead of baking the test bowl, I put a little in a bowl and popped it in the microwave for 45 seconds.  We scarfed that down in no time flat so I did a second bowl - and put the big container of dip in the refrigerator!  I've already put Mexicorn and jalapeno jack cheese back on the grocery list because I know my other two stepsons (who are visiting from Cape Cod next week) will love this.  Many thanks to my friend Betsy for the recipe.  She and her daughter, Beth, own a wonderful scrapbooking BandB called Treasured Memories Retreat.  It's out in Brownsburg, IN.  If everything they make is this good, I may have to go out for a weekend just to sample!  Thank you Betsy :-)





Mexicorn Dip

1 c light mayonnaise
1 c light sour cream
2 c shredded jalapeno jack cheese
1/4 c shredded parmesan cheese
1 can Mexicorn, drained
1 can chopped green chilies

Mix together. 



Bake 30 minutes at 350.  Serve hot with tortilla or corn chips.

adapted from Treasured Memories Retreat recipe

1 comment:

Tomarvel said...

Just tried this tonight. Very very good. I used a little extra parmesan cheese and put about a tablespoon and a half of hot sauce. Could have used more hot sauce, but otherwise I could do away with the tortilla chips and eat it with a spoon!