Search This Blog

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Blue Cheese

Another favorite ingredient of ours is blue cheese.  I mix it in hamburgers.  Put it in salads and pasta sauces.  Melt it in sandwiches.  Just about anyplace I can use the stuff, I do so.  This recipe is for a blue cheese spread that we typically serve at the holiday party.  I use the leftovers in a myriad of ways.  It's been known to show up in grilled cheese sandwiches or slathered on grilled chicken breasts.  I've mixed it with some veggies and pasta and created a yummy pasta dish.  I've also been known to sit down with some of this and a handful of crackers and call it lunch...

Blue Cheese Spread
1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
1/3 c crumbled blue cheese
1/3 c lowfat yogurt
1/4 c chopped pecans, toasted
2 T minced chives

Whip the cream cheese and fold in the other ingredients.  Refrigerate for at least 2 hours prior to serving to allow the flavors to blend.

No comments: