Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Atlantica Parmesan and Asiago Crab Dip



This recipe has been in my to-try for the party for several months.  I collect recipes during the year then try them in the fall and come up with a final party menu by the end of November.  Over the years we've made many different crab dips.  You might think that we just love to test crabmeat recipes.  Hmmm.  Guilty as charged :-)


We made this for our dinner party for our football friends.  Everyone loved it.  Then, we took the leftovers to our friends Andy and Mary Kay's.  Again, everyone loved it.  But, it just isn't quite as good as the crab dip I've made before.  And, since I make a couple hundred mini crabcakes for the party, everyone gets a good dose of crabmeat there.  I made half a recipe and this served 10 for appetizers.


Atlantica Parmesan and Asiago Crab Dip


Ingredients:
16 oz crab meat
16 oz cream cheese
1 c mayonnaise
1 1/2 c finely grated parmesan
1 1/2 c finely grated asiago cheese (I used gruyere)
1 c sour cream
2 heads of garlic, roasted
2 large handfuls of cooked fresh spinach




Directions:


Whip the cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise.  Blend in the spinach. Stir in the garlic, parmesan and asiago.  Mix well. The recipe calls for baking this at 400 until it's hot and bubbly.  I also served it cold - after it'd been baked once.  Both were very good.

adapted from Where and What in the World

1 comment:

Gina said...

I love dips like this, I was just thinking about your big party coming up! I'm switching gears too. We should have crab plentiful and cheap here soon, I'm hoping. I'm already thinking about my holiday menu too. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. I have a fun give-away you might like.
-Gina-