Search This Blog

Monday, April 18, 2011

Radish Sprout Salad



Connie thinned the radishes.  I put in three kinds and rather overseeded the rows so there was a LOT of thinning to do.  The spinach and chard need to be thinned too but that'll happen later.  Our vegetable beds are beginning to look good.  The strawberry plants are filling out and we've got a few spears of asparagus poking through the dirt.  We've actually snapped a couple of them off and devoured them while standing in the yard.  I bought some eggplant and peppers and they're safely stowed in the garage until we're past the last frost date. 

Back to the radishes.  Since I knew I'd be really late getting back from my Columbus office, the pork stroganoff I blogged about yesterday was on the menu.  Well, when I got home and walked into the kitchen, I found the salad spinner full of radish sprouts.  The broccoli I'd planned to roast was immediately replaced by a radish sprout salad.  My guess is this would be equally wonderful with any sprouts you thin from your garden.  Quantities will vary depending on the amount of sprouts you have.

Radish Sprout Salad

Ingredients:

radish sprouts
extra virgin olive oil
lemon juice
dijon mustard

Directions:

Wash the radish sprouts and spin them very dry. 



Pour extra virgin olive oil into a bowl. 



Add some lemon juice. 



We prefer about 2/3 oil to 1/3 lemon juice or vinegar.  Then, add a dollop of dijon mustard. 



Whisk until blended.  Toss with your sprouts and serve.

No comments: