Search This Blog

Monday, April 25, 2011

Clean up the Kitchen for Three Salmon Salad



My brother-in-law Tom is visiting from Chicago.  I had appointments all day on Saturday and Connie had to process all my paperwork from Friday's marathon in my Columbus, IN office so Tom came to the office with us.  A tub of baby spinach was already at the office.  And, I'd taken in the leftover salmon and sweet potato I'd cooked Wednesday evening along with some orange marmalade.  You see, we really didn't like the mojito glaze for the salmon so my intent was to scrape that off then mix the marmalade with a little dijon mustard and make a new glaze.  I also had a bag of pecans because I'd made Lana's chicken salad from some leftover rotisserie chicken.  And, there were half a dozen tangerines in the fridge.  Sounded like the makings of a really good salad...  It was.  I'm writing down the recipe really quickly so I'll remember what I did and be able to recreate it!  Otherwise, in a month or so I'll look at the photo and think, "That was really good.  Wonder how I made it."  Getting old and losing my memory is not my favorite thing!!

Salmon Salad

Ingredients
fresh baby spinach
cooked salmon
cooked and cubed sweet potato
tangerine or orange wedges
pecans
orange marmalade
dijon mustard
Trader Joe's Soyaki Sauce (or another teriyaki-like sauce)
olive oil
red wine vinegar

Directions:

Toast the pecans.  While they're toasting, mound some spinach in the middle of a plate.  Crumble the salmon over it.  Scatter the orange segments and sweet potato chunks around the salmon.  Make a dressing with the marmalade, mustard, teriyaki sauce, olive oil and red wine vinegar.  Drizzle the salad with dressing.  Top with toasted pecans.

No comments: