Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Milk Bread

 

Milk Bread
















Also known as plain, old, white bread.  I realized they were one and the same when I made the Japanese Egg Salad Sandwich.  Had one of those ah-ha moments.  Now, I’m fortunate to have a bread maker because I certainly don’t have the time to make bread from scratch.  Once I figured out that the order is wet, dry, yeast, my breads have turned out so well.  As it was for this loaf. 

This is for a two-pound loaf

Ingredients:

1 ¼ c milk

¼ c water

2 T butter, cut up

4 c bread flour

2 T sugar

1 t salt

1 ¼ t yeast

 

Directions:

Layer the ingredients in the bread maker according to your manufacturer’s directions.  Mine calls for wet, dry, yeast. 


































adapted from Better Homes and Gardens Biggest Book of Bread Machine Recipes

No comments: