Search This Blog

Friday, March 1, 2019

Rum Pineapple Bombs



We just escaped the cold and attended a conference in Orlando.  Not only was it wonderful to see my oldest brother, John, and his wife, Linda, but we got to enjoy some great meals with them and even escaped the hotel for a fabulous hour out on the pool desk.  The conference wasn't what we'd hoped it would be, there were a TON of tired kids traveling back with us who'd been to see THE Mouse, and worst of all I came home with a head cold.  Initially I thought it might be allergies acting up but, no, this is a real for sure humdinger of a head cold.  I was telling my friend Sarah how disappointed we were in the conference and how bummed I am to have gotten a cold.  She fired back with a recipe.  Two recipes to be exact.  One for a pineapple bomb and another for a pineapple bomb with a kick.  My brain immediately went to a slushie cocktail with all the ingredients plus rum.  What could go wrong?  We'd toss it down the drain is the worst that could happen, right?  Well, let me tell you this is almost worth getting a cold to have.  It's going on the list with bone broth, salt water gargle and hot toddies.  And, it just might show up when I'm good and healthy.  For preventative purposes.  You agree? 



Rum Pineapple Bomb with a KICK!

6 oz pineapple juice
2" peeled and chopped fresh ginger
1 1/2 T honey
1/4 c lemon juice
pinch salt
pinch freshly ground pepper
pinch cayenne pepper
3 oz white rum

Mix all the ingredients in the bowl of a blender.  Add ice cubes to taste and whir away.


Keke's where the pancakes were the size of manhole covers.  YUM!
 Linda and John


 John's Chicken Marsala at Armando's.  What a fabulous meal!!!!
 Connie's Seafood Risotto
 My Sunday Gravy, Meatball, Sausage and Braciole
 Linda's Baked Eggplant with Pasta and Red Sauce
 Relaxing on the pool deck
 Columbia Restaurant.  Be still my heart.  Chickpea and potato soup with 1905 Salad
 And, last but certainly not least, the world's best Cuban Sandwich!

No comments: