Search This Blog

Monday, October 15, 2012

Clam Pizza



Clam Pizza.  One of those dishes I keep reading about but haven't ever taken the time to really research.  I'd gone to the office for a few hours and Connie was home cleaning out the garage.  The Colts had a game at 1:00.  Well, it wasn't quite so much a game as a thrashing.  Ugh!  At any rate, one of the items I needed to clean out of my pantry was alfredo sauce.  And, I'd bought a Boboli wheat crust.  I figured I'd come up with my own version of clam pizza.

My biggest inspiration was the linguine with clam sauce at Some Guys Pizza.  It's a pizza and pasta joint about a mile away.  They have killer flatbread and salads and tomato soup and are on our speed dial when we need lunch.  When we eat dinner there I'm hard pressed to order anything but the linguine with clam sauce.  Fantastic stuff. 

What did we think  Fabulous.  This is one I'll make again.  And, it's SO easy!

How did it come together?

I took a Boboli wheat crust and sprinkled it with shredded mozzarella.  Then, I spooned on some Alfredo sauce and smeared it to the edges.  While I was doing all of that, I had a small red onion that I'd thinly sliced sauteeing in some olive oil.  Once the sauce was on, I drained a small can of minced clams and sprinkled them over the sauce.  Then, I strewed the onions on top and added about three VERY finely slice garlic cloves.  The whole deal was topped with shredded five Italian cheese blend and baked at 450 for 20 minutes.

No comments: