Search This Blog

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Pomegranate Prosecco Cocktail



First, the disclaimer, we don't use champagne.  We happen to like Prosecco.  We find it slightly drier and more approachable than champagne.  It's just a preference, and although neither one of us were big on bubbly, we have, over the past couple of years, found that sparkling wines have their place in the rotation.  Adding to that, our friend, The Wine Guy, Doug Pendleton, sells this wonderful Prosecco in 187 ml bottles (6 oz), Riondo, from Spago Negro.


Last night, my brother and sister-in-law came over for dinner.  We'd cleaned the house and generally scurried around, and we had a bit of time before they were due to arrive.  Connie had chilled the wine for dinner. I'd marinated the pork tenderloins in Hanger One Spiced Pear Liqueur, brown sugar and Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce.  The sweet potatoes were cut and ready to be roasted.  The head of cauliflower was cored, slathered with olive oil and ready to be roasted.  I could actually unwind for a couple of minutes.  I asked for a glassof wine or a cocktail.  Connie said that a champagne cocktail might be nice because it's lighter and we have the whole night in front of us.  Then I hit on it.  What about some of that wonderful pomegranate liqueur, Pama mixed with the Prosecco?


Home run!  This was not only delicious, but beautiful.  This is going to be a regular cocktail for us.


Pomegranate Champagne Cocktail


1 1/2 oz Pama Pomegranate liqueur
3 oz Prosecco


Pour the liqueur into a flute, top it with the Prosecco, toast the one you love, and enjoy!

5 comments:

Choc Chip Uru said...

Could I make this a Mocktail? Because it looks really tasty :D
And I am underage :P

Cheers
Choc Chip Uru

Kate said...

@ Choc Chip Uru - That's a great question! I wonder if sparkling grape juice and POM juice would work? If it's not sweet enough you could mix in a little agave. I'd love to hear how it works! Best, Kate

Eliotseats said...

We had a great cocktail the other night---an Old Cuban. It was a mojito with champagne. Your recipe made me think of it and I know you and Connie would appreciate it! :)

Kate said...

@Eliotseats - YUM! I've already printed a recipe for an Old Cuban. As soon as our mint is back we'll make one. Thank you :-)

Andrea said...

I love Prosecco and I bet this is quite lovely.