Search This Blog

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Grilled Fruit Filled with Cheese

I went through a bunch of photos last weekend and found these...  We've made this for years using blue cheese and honey.  Nesrine shared a version of this recipe on her blog.  It had mascarpone cheese and peaches and balsamic vinegar.  Then, I saw it in a couple of magazines and a cookbook with mascarpone.  So, I decided to try the mascarpone and balsamic.  My guess is that whether you use blue cheese or mascarpone or peaches or pineapple or apples or balsamic vinegar or honey or serve them warm or room temp, you've got a winner.




Grilled Fruit Filled with Cheese

Here's the basic premise:

Take fruit and cut it into a serving (halve the peaches or apples...) and core it

Grill the fruit, cut side down until it's softened and has nice grill marks





While the fruit is still hot, fill the hole with cheese (blue, mascarpone, maybe cream cheese whipped with some shredded cheddar?)

Drizzle with balsamic vinegar or honey.  We had a balsamic vinegar tasting here.


The incredible vanilla fig balsamic from our good friend, Doris, won.

Garnish with an herb (mint, tarragon, basil - something folks can actually nibble on)

8 comments:

Monet said...

High quality foods don't need much adornment...this simple dish looks stunning. I can only imagine how delicious the grilled fruit paired with the creaminess of the cheese and the tang of that balsamic. Thank you for sharing!

January said...

those are really beautiful fruits you got there. i think it's a real brilliant idea to pair grilled fruits with cheese :) thanks for posting about this!

Kim - Liv Life said...

These look great! I'm a fan of almost anything grilled, love fruit!

sara @ CaffeIna said...

Fruit and cheese...do I need anything else? No! I could have every meal with these!

Elin Chia said...

Hi Katie,

I prefer simple dish and your grilled fruit filled with cheese looks delicious. Thanks for sharing :)

Cheers,
Elin

Koci said...

This looks so simple and delicious! I love grilled peaches just on their own, so I can't imagine how great they are with cheese, too! Yum!

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

This looks wonderful, Kate! And I love that you had a balsamic tasting...fun!!!

Jason Phelps said...

I could use these for breakfast today. I guess a bagel will have to do... I think I am going to pull these out in the middle of wintertime. Hopefully memories of summer will come back!

Jason