Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Raspberry Cointreau Syllabub



Each month we are assigned a new blog to peruse for a recipe that fits that month's theme.  This month I was assigned A Spoonful of Thyme.  I made several wonderful recipes from Kate's blog.  Then, I found out that Rebekah's husband had had a health emergency and she'd not be able to do her post this month.  Well, when I realized that her assigned blog was Food Lust People Love by my friend Stacy, my hand was in the air saying, "Pick ME!  Pick ME!"  You see, Stacy has some of the best cooking around.  And she does it all in the UAE.  She is one amazing woman!!!  So, this month I had the complete and total pleasure of checking out not one but TWO wonderful blogs. 

One of my favorite posts on Stacy's blog is Muffin Monday.  Oh, yeah.  Muffins rock.  And, she has quite the collection.  I remember making one with mushrooms.  Sounds gross.  Tastes incredible.  I really need to make those again.  Soon.  Now, let's talk for a moment about some of her other recipes that caught my eye...  Sweet Potato French Bean Lentil Salad.  Does that sound amazing or what?  Cauliflower Leek Roquefort Tart follows that.  Yeah, I know.  Both of them are on my menu.  I didn't lick the computer screen but I was tempted to!  There's one recipe from my young adulthood that I have to get made soon - dirty rice.  It's a Cajun dish with rice and chicken livers and all kinds of goodies.  Then, there are the sweets.  Too many to list.  Let's just say that if you have a sweet tooth, stop by.  And, if you don't, stop by.  Stacy's got something on here for everyone. 

Our Sunday supper was going to be beef tri-tip from Kate's blog.  It sounded like a pot roast so I had potatoes, onions and carrots ready to go with.  A nice, light dessert sounded perfect.  Like a syllabub.  Whipped cream, Greek yogurt, Cointreau and raspberries with a bit of sugar.  What a perfect dessert.  Our mint didn't survive the move so we picked a leaf or two of lemon balm to go with it.  I may try mint in the future but I'll probably keep using the lemon balm.  Here's where  you find Stacy's recipe:

Raspberry Cointreau Syllabub

And, here's where you can stop in and visit with the rest of my friends from Blogger
C.L.U.E.  Society.

10 comments:

Stacy Rushton said...

Thanks for stepping forward, Kate, when Rebekah had to drop out. You are such a good sport and the syllabub was a good pick! I really appreciate your kind words.

You should join us baking for Muffin Monday! It's not so stressful since it's only once a month now. Muffins do rock!

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Oh, my gosh, this looks like the PERFECT dessert! Why have I never made a syllabub????

Unknown said...

Oh yes...that dessert sounds fantastic. Like you said, it's light and fresh, two things I love (I'm not one for those heavy sweet treats).

A Day in the Life on the Farm said...

Thanks for stepping in for Rebekah during this trying time. It is her 16 year old son who suffered a stroke. Not that it would be better if it were a husband but you just don't think that your teenage child is going to have a stroke. Stacy's blog and Stacy are awesome and you picked a great recipe. Please add Rebekah's son, Kent, to your prayer list if you pray or in your good thoughts if that works better for you.

Kathy Walker said...

I have never heard of a syllabub but I do know that I will be trying it! This sounds delicious and the perfect dessert. Glad you liked the tri tip....it is on our rotation when the weather cools.

Lisa | Authentic Suburban Gourmet said...

What an interesting dish! I am sure you enjoyed every bite. Great choice!

Unknown said...

Stacy does have a great blog - fun selection! It's always nice to have a light dessert after a filling Autumn meal.

Unknown said...

You were working hard this month, Kate! Lovely selection from Stacy's blog (her blog is fantastic!)

Sue Lau said...

What a great choice for dessert. It sounds wonderful!

Debra Eliotseats said...

Glad you stepped in and made ANOTHER delicious dessert for this month.