In the Blogger C.L.U.E. Society we have such an interesting group of bloggers. Some specialize in one thing or another and others don't. That's why when I needed to make muffins for a girls dinner I immediately went to FoodLustPeopleLove by my friend, Stacy. She can be counted on for a new muffin recipe every once in a while on a Monday morning. As I was hunting for something savory, I found several sweet muffins that I'd really like to make. Peanut butter and jam would be the first. I'm not a huge peanut butter fan unless it's in something. Like a muffin. There's also a spinach feta savory muffin that caught my eye. But, I used up the frozen spinach and haven't replaced it since I've not had the opportunity to organize my freezers since the move...
Doris, Donna and Patti are coming over to see the new house. The new mell of a hess is more like it. I'm not sure why we keep showing our friends our mess. But, we do. And, I think everyone is looking beyond the piles of boxes remaining and realizing how lovely this place will look in a few weeks. What's that saying? Progress is messy? Yeah, that's what's going on here. Last night we cleared enough of the garage to actually get a car in. Three and a half hours of back breaking work in almost 90 degree heat and humidity. I finally got a wet towel and just kept it draped around my neck. Poured ice water on it every few minutes to keep it cool. Ten boxes of clay pots and flower pots and other assorted shed goodies got unloaded onto a shelving unit. Another ten boxes or so came in to the house to be unloaded. Oh, joy. But, we got a lot done!
Doris is bringing salmon. Donna is bringing a veggie. Patti is bringing a dessert. I'm going to do an appetizer, a salad and a roll or muffin. I thought these would be perfect with salmon. And, now that I've devoured one, I know they will be! I just need to get a good compound butter made and put in the freezer overnight.
These came together so easily, even for a non-baker like me!
Mushroom Parmesan Muffins
5 oz mushrooms, reserve two, mince the rest
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
2 T butter
2 c all purpose flour
2 t baking powder
3 oz Parmesan, grated
1/2 t salt
1/4 c oil
Preheat your oven to 350. In a medium skillet, melt the butter. Saute the mushrooms, garlic and jalapeno.
The mushrooms will initially release a good bit of moisture. Make sure all of that moisture has evaporated before you turn off the heat. Allow the mushroom mixture to cool while you prep the other ingredients. Mix the dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and the wet ingredients in a smaller one. Whisk the wet ingredients to mix.
Slowly add them to the dry ingredients along with the mushrooms. Spoon the batter into muffin tins. Top each muffin with a very thin slice of one of the reserved mushrooms.
Bake for 20 minutes or until done.
Here's a link to the recipe on Stacy's blog: Mushroom Parmesan Muffins
- (Almost) Nancy's Chopped Salad w/ Oregano Vinaigrette by Heather from girlichef
- Apple Chips by Lauren from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Barbecue Chicken Salad w/ Smoky Barbecue Vinaigrette by Kate from Kate's Kitchen
- California Quinoa Greek Salad;by Christiane from Taking on Magazines
- Carrot Cake Cookies by Kathy from Bakeaway with Me
- Chicken Salad w/ Peanut Dressing by Azmina from Lawyer Loves Lunch
- Chicken Waldorf Salad by Aly from Cooking in Stilettos
- Duck with Pear Wraps + Limeade with Chia Seeds by Kelli from Kelli's Kitchen
- Fried Apple Pies by Liz from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Green Bean & Corn Salad by Alice from A Mama, Baby and Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Loaded Baked Potato Salad by Lea Ann from Cooking on the Ranch
- Minty Cardinal Punch by Christy from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Mushroom Parmesan Muffins by Kate from Kate's Kitchen
- Oatmeal Peanut Butter Date Cookies by Rebekah from Making Miracles
- Olive Sables by Lisa from Authentic Suburban Gourmet
- Puff Pastry Antipasto Squares by Anna from annaDishes
- Smoky Pimento Cheese Spread by Debra from Eliot's Eats
- Sweet and Spicy Barbecue Baked Beans + Chickenburger Roll-in-a-Basket by Kathy from A Spoonful of Thyme
- Thomas Keller's Chocolate Chip Cookies by Kim from Liv Life
- Tuscan Bean Salad by Stacy from Food Lust People Love
- Watermelon Feta Salad by Jean from Lemons and Anchovies
- White Bean, Bacon and Rosemary Salad by Wendy from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Christy from Confessions of a Culinary Diva