Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Chicken PIccata by Fresh Artistry



You know you're busy when dinner is cheese and crackers.  Oh, and wine.  So, I tried something for busy people.  A company called Fresh Artistry sent me a free sample of one of their dinners.  Chicken Piccata on Pasta with Spinach.  They're a new company and will ship to anyone in Indiana.  Outside of Indiana, I'm not certain.  Here's what we got in a large cardboard box with a packet of dry ice:







Now, being one who tries to buy in bulk and save packaging, my first thought was, "Oh, my gosh, there's TON of packaging here."  Everything was in it's own little container.  Olive oil, salt, pepper...  The waste for a week's worth of dinners would send me over the edge.  Yeah, I know.  I'm close to the edge anyway :-)  Still, I think the idea is great for someone who wants to put a nice homemade meal on the table and has the disposable income to let someone else do the shopping and measuring.  All you have to do is assemble the dish.  Yes, there's a bit of chopping here and there but for the most part it just goes together. 

What did we think?  The flavors were good, but it was a bit salty.  Probably because of the boullion cube plus the salt that went on the chicken prior to browning it. And, following the instructions, the chicken was a tad bit overcooked even though I started it when it was frozen.  But, all in all, if you don't have the time to shop and measure and you've got the disposable income, this was a good meal.  And, we managed to turn one serving into two by adding a healthy serving of veggies on the side.   Would I do it again?  Probably not because I really enjoy coming home and talking with Connie and having a glass of wine and trying out a new recipe.  Would I recommend them?  Indeed!

No comments: