Search This Blog

Monday, July 22, 2013

Parmesan Tilapia




It's been so crazy this summer that I almost opted out of this month's Secret Recipe Club.  I'd marked "no" then thought, you know what, there's ALWAYS time to make one recipe.  And, I'm very glad I did.  This month I got introduced to Chelsy at Mangiablog.com (http://mangiablog.com/.)  She's a Texan of Italian heritage so she loves a great mix of food.  Her enthusiasm is downright contagious. 

A couple days after I got assigned her blog we were set to have fish for dinner.  So, I started hunting for fish recipes.  Way back in 2010 she made a tilapia recipe.  It'd be perfect!  I'm always hunting for a great, quick fish recipe.  And, best of all, I'd be using Chelsy's favorite ingredient - parmesan cheese.  Don't know that I've mentioned it to you all but Connie says that was one of the things that he loved most about me when he first met me - my meat and cheese drawer in the fridge was packed with every kind of cheese imaginable.

So, what did we think?  We really enjoyed this.  It's super easy to make and delightful to eat.  I did wind up adding some mayo as the Greek yogurt alone was just a bit too tangy for our taste.  We particularly enjoyed the crushed pistachios in this recipe.  They just go perfectly with tilapia.  Here's where you go to see the recipe on Chelsy's blog:  Parmesan Tilapia.  Now, let me mention while you're still here - Chelsy LOVES to bake so you'll find some scrumptious baked goods here.

And, if you want to see a bunch of great recipes from other bloggers, hop over to the Secret Recipe Club and take a look. 

Parmesan Tilapia

Ingredients:
1/2 c freshly grated Parmesan, divided (1/4 + 1/4)
1/2 c Greek yogurt
1 T butter, melted
juice and zest of one lemon
1 t Italian seasoning
1 t dried tarragon
1/2 t onion powder
2 T crushed pistachios
salt and pepper
2 6-8 oz tilapia filets


Directions:

Toast then crush the pistachios.



Mix all of the coating ingredients. 



Be sure to set aside the 2nd 1/4 c of grated parm.  Coat the fish the sprinkle with the last 1/4 c of parmesan.  Chelsy calls for baking these at 350F for 20-25 minutes.  I chose to put them in a grill basket and pop them on the grill since everything else for dinner was getting grilled...





adapted from Mangia Blog




10 comments:

Debra Eliotseats said...

I got Mangia a couple of months ago. Your whole meal here looks delicious. Great SRC post.

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

I am trying to eat more fish! This looks delicious!

Unknown said...

Kate! I almost* forgot about this recipe. It is one of my favorites! It has everything to do with parmesan cheese :). I have been really into eating lots of fish for dinner lately so I will have to whip this one up soon! Love how you improvised and used new ingredients! Have a great day! xoxox!

Unknown said...

Kate! I almost forgot about this recipe! It's one of my favorite recipes...only because it has anything and everything to do w/ parmesan cheese :) I love that you improvised and used some different ingredients! Soooo awesome! You did a fantastic job! I have been eating lots of fish lately so this one is definitely on my to make list soon!

Sara said...

I love parmesan tilapia and make it often. I had YOU this month for SRC and made your yummy mango spinach salad!

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

YUM! I'm thinking I could get Bill to eat talapia..I just won't give him any advance notice. It sounds like a yummy recipe! xo

Jen @JuanitasCocina said...

We make a very similar tilapia and love it! Great choice!

Bubbe Bites said...

Your tilapia looks so good, it would make a great Lent recipe.

Karen - Cinnamon Freud said...

I love to eat fish, especially during the summer. This sounds delicious.

Deanna - Teaspoon of Spice said...

I'm always hunting for good fish recipes too - this sounds delish!