Search This Blog

Monday, December 19, 2011

Glazed Carrots with Ginger and Fresh Orange Juice



Once again, it's Secret Recipe Club time.  This was a total first for me.  Usually, I browse my assigned blog for an hour or more trying to find the perfect recipe.  This time I found my recipe when I first logged on.  I logged on a couple  more times hunting for something else that sounded better.  But, this one stuck in my mind.  I kept talking about making these carrots.  I was hooked.  And, rightfully so.  These carrots were fantastic.  Ok, so they probably won't get a lot of hits like the really different recipes do.  But, so what.  I found a keeper.  A recipe that we'll use over and over and over again.  And, I found a blog that I'll go to over and over and over again.  How much fun is that?


MaryAnne and Mariel are a mother/daughter combo who trade off the writing duties of Feast on the Cheap.  MaryAnne is a caterer and a nurse and Mariel is a writer.  Their blog has recipes ranging from super simple to complex.  Something to satisfy everyone.  I've got several recipes on my to-try list. I hope you'll enjoy their blog as much as I did!

Glazed Carrots

Ingredients:

1 lb baby carrots
3 T butter
3 T packed dark brown sugar
1 T dijon mustard
1 t ground ginger
pinch cayenne
2 T orange juice
fresh parsley, chopped

Directions:

Heat water to boiling in a medium saucepan.  Put the carrots in and cook them until they're tender. 



Drain them.  While they're cooking, melt the butter in a small saucepan.  Add the brown sugar, dijon mustard, ginger, cayenne and orange juice.  Whisk together. 



Pour the sauce over the drained carrots.  Heat through then serve topped with chopped fresh parsley.

from Feast on the Cheap

Here are links to some of the other Secret Recipe Club members.  There's a group that posts every Monday so stop by the Secret Recipe Club site at secretrecipeclub.com to check out the other week's posts.

8 comments:

Eliotseats said...

I love the sounds of this recipe. Those flavors go so good together! Great SRC post and have a fantastic holiday!

Bubbe Bites said...

Yummy looking Carrots! You got a great blog and picked a wonderful recipe. Thanks for sharing.

Feast on the Cheap said...

So glad you liked the recipe and we're thrilled you swung by!

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Gosh, how simple and delicious!! Great pick, Kate...even my picky family would love these :)

Unknown said...

I've never had ginger and carrots and I bet it tastes fabulous!

Anne@frommysweetheart said...

I LOVE glazed carrots! And while I'm used to honey...I think the orange juice and ginger would be such a bright burst of flavor! : )

Lisa | Authentic Suburban Gourmet said...

Love glazed carrots and your combination is perfect! Glad to be part of SRC with you. Happy HOlidays!

Monet said...

Yum! I need to tell my mom to add carrots to her Christmas shopping list. I want to make these! Thank you for sharing...we're getting ready to go to Colorado, and I'm glad I got a chance to stop by before we depart. Happy holidays and many blessings!